USDA Home Loan Programs
Living in a rural area looks so good.
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) loan offers 100% financing for homes that are designated in a Rural Area by the Department. These designated areas may be closer to a city than you think. For more information on USDA areas and income restrictions, click here.
How It Works
We’ve been asked countless times, “Can I really buy a home with NO MONEY DOWN?”
In many cases you absolutely can! While there are guidelines that have to be met, with our help and guidance we can navigate the waters and get in that home for literally $0 out of pocket!
We utilize the USDA loan program for 100% financing, Which means the property must be zoned rural. The second prerequisite is income. This is one of those rare instances where you won’t want to make too much money – USDA has maximum total household income limits. By filling out the online application, we will be glad to take a look at your profile to see if you can income and credit qualify.
The General Process
- Complete our free online application (no cost, no commitment).
- Work with us to get fully pre-approved to purchase your home.
- Write an offer on the home that you are interested in purchasing. We work with your Realtor to make sure that along with your offer you are requesting a fair amount of seller paid concessions (closing costs that the seller agrees to pay for you) based on your purchase price. With this written offer you will have to include an earnest money deposit (a small deposit that is held in escrow on your behalf, usually < $1,000).
- Go through the loan underwriting process with us.
- Your loan is final approved with our underwriter and the file is sent to USDA so they can issue their commitment to guarantee the loan.
USDA guarantees your loan and you close on your home purchase. We made sure to structure your loan appropriately to ensure that you can get your earnest money deposit (up to $1,000) PLUS the appraisal fee credited back to you at the time of closing. Since these were your only two out-of-pocket expenses during the process, congratulations…you just made a No Down Payment Purchase!